Big Data Analytics
Big Data Analytics allows you to manage mass amounts of data with precision and speed.
Understanding and interpreting large volumes of data is both a challenge and an opportunity. Blue Turtle has a solution that can embrace the challenge and unleash the opportunity.
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform enables organisations to manage and analyse massive volumes of data quickly and reliably with no limits or business compromises that typically accompany traditional enterprise data warehouses. You can also accelerate business value from a vastly expanded variety of data by exploring and analysing of all forms of data, including “dark data”. And with expanded deployment options, you get the flexibility to deploy analytics where it’s needed – on industry-standard hardware, virtual machines, or in the cloud.
The next-generation analytics platform that shines a light on dark data. With the ever-growing volume, variety, and velocity of data, you can’t let analytical query performance get in the way of your most important business decisions. With HP Vertica Enterprise Edition software you get high-performance data analytics for all of your data to make better business decisions in real time.
For more information
Packed with powerful features for monetising all of your data, HP Vertica Enterprise Edition manages massive amounts of data quickly and reliably, giving you real-time business intelligence for advanced, Big Data analytics.
As part of the HP Vertica Analytics Platform family of data analytics software, you can perform queries about 50 to 1000 times faster with traditional databases, at a fraction of the cost, using a fraction of the hardware. Unlike traditional RDBMS databases, which are not designed for analytics and today’s complex analytics.
Key features and benefits include:
- Columnar storage and execution
- Columnar store allows you to perform analytics faster by reading only the data that’s critical to your query. By eliminating costly disk I/O associated with traditional row-oriented SQL databases, you can perform queries 50 to 1000 times faster. Through our lossless data compression, you can also reduce storage costs by up to 90%.
- “Scale-out” massively parallel processing (MPP)
*Scale your solution as much as you need by adding an unlimited number of industry-standard servers and storage to your analytics environment.
- Extensible in-database analytics framework
Realise open access to in-database processing through a powerful development framework for procedural, user-defined analytics. In addition to using built-in SQL analytic and aggregate functions, you can define your own custom functions by using a C++ or Java software developers’ kit (SDK). The SDK features secure sandboxing, and resulting functions run in parallel for fast performance.
HP Vertica Flex Zone
HP Vertica Flex Zone lets you shine a light on dark data simply and cost-effectively, you can quickly and easily load, explore, analyze, and monetize emerging and rapidly growing forms of structured and semi- structured data, such as social media, sensor, log files, and machine workloads, the HP Vertica Analytics Platform is built from the ground up to deliver velocity and volume data. Use your favorite industry-standard business intelligence (BI) and visualization tools for exploration of Flex Zone data in HP Vertica without creating schemas. HP Vertica Flex Zone offers auto-schematization™, eliminating the need for coding intensive schemas to be defined or applied before the data is loaded for exploration. The one-step schema™ capabilities enable schemas to be created and applied as-needed for high-performance analytics and lets you deal with the ever-changing structure of data with ease. With HP Vertica Flex Zone analysts, data scientists, and business users can explore and visualize information such as JSON and delimited data without burdening or needing to wait for their IT organizations to extract, structure, and load the data.
In-database analytics library
Out-of-the-box, in-database analytics include event-series pattern matching, event-series joins, linear regression, geospatial support, advanced time series, and more. You get open source analytics libraries, including thousands of packages from CRAN (Comprehensive R Archive Network).
Native support for MapReduce and Hadoop
HP Vertica Enterprise Edition includes application programming interfaces (APIs) for user-defined aggregates, analytics, and multi-phase transform functions. These dynamically integrate with MapReduce and Hadoop, so that you can analyse large sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
With External Tables you can:
- Transfer data from other SQL databases
- Perform exploratory analysis on data stored in Hadoop Distributed
- File System (HDFS) using the secure HP Vertica kerberized HDFS connector
- Automatic high availability
- Run non-stop with data replication, failover, and recovery; HP Vertica Enterprise Edition is optimized for performance and transparent to your integration and operations teams.
- Optimised system and performance management
- Experience a powerful set of APIs for optimizing your system’s resources, background processes, workload, and performance. The management console displays tuning recommendations from the
- Workload Analyzer tool, addressing a wide range of system concerns, including empty administrator passwords, high CPU usage, and recommendations for better data management.
New technology, not retrofitted solutions
Designed and developed in the 21st century, HP Vertica Enterprise Edition powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models around the world.
Real-time big data analytics
Gain insights into your data in real time. Consume, analyze, and make informed decisions at the speed of business.
Fast time to value
Monetize your data in a matter of minutes, not weeks or months. Prevent data blind spots from increasing your risk and uncertainty around regulatory compliance.
Get maximum flexibility—deploy HP Vertica Enterprise Edition on industry-standard hardware, virtual machines, or in the cloud. You can get all of these benefits with a leading data analytics solution that scales without compromising performance.