Blue Turtle solve security issues and meets those never-ending compliance requirements by securing and protecting Active Directory simply and efficiently.
By delivering automated tools for user and group management and Active Directory delegation, we help customers overcome the native shortcomings of Active Directory, so you can do your job faster.
Dell ActiveRoles Server provides out-of-the-box user and group account management, strictly enforced administrator-based role security, day-to-day identity administration and built-in auditing and reporting for Windows-centric environments.
Acts as a virtual firewall around Active Directory, enabling you to control access through delegation using a least privilege model. Based on defined administrative policies and associated permissions generates and strictly enforces access rules, eliminating the errors and inconsistencies common with native approaches to AD management. Plus, robust and personalized approval procedures establish an IT process and oversight consistent with business requirements, with responsibility chains that complement the automated management of directory data.
Automate account creation – Automates a wide variety of tasks, including:
- Creating user and group accounts in AD
- Creating mailboxes in Exchange
- Populating groups * Assigning resource in Windows
ActiveRoles Server also automates the process of reassigning and removing user access rights in AD and AD-joined systems (including user and group de-provisioning) to ensure an efficient and secure administrative process over the user and group lifetimes. When a user’s access needs to be changed or removed, updates are made automatically in AD, Exchange, SharePoint, OCS, Lync and Windows, as well as any AD-joined systems such as Unix, Linux and Mac OS X.
Day-to-day directory management – Simplifies management of:
- Exchange recipients, including mailbox/OCS assignment, creation, movement, deletion, permissions and distribution list management
- Computers, including shares, printers, local users and groups
- Active Directory, including AD LDS
ActiveRoles Server also includes intuitive interfaces for improving day-to-day administration and help desk operations via both an MMC snap-in and a Web interface.
Manage groups and users in a hosted environment
Works in tandem with Quick Connect in a hosted environment where accounts from client AD domain are synchronized with a host AD domain. ActiveRoles Server enables user and group account management from the client domain to the hosted domain, while also synchronizing attributes and passwords.
The solution uses out-of-the-box connectors to synchronise your on-premises AD accounts to cloud-based services such as Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Lync Online and SharePoint Online.
Consolidate management points through integration
Complements your existing technology and identity and access management strategy. Its Extend All feature simplifies and consolidates management points by ensuring easy integration with many Dell products, including Quick Connect, Identity Manager, Privilege Password Manager, Desktop Virtualization, Authentication Services, Defender, Password Manager, Webthority and ChangeAuditor. ActiveRoles Server also automates and extends the capabilities of PowerShell, ADSI, SPML and customizable Web interfaces.
With ActiveRoles Server, you can solve your security issues and meet those never-ending compliance requirements by securing and protecting Active Directory simply and efficiently.
ActiveRoles Server delivers automated tools for user and group account management that overcome the native shortcomings of Active Directory, so you can do your job faster. ActiveRoles Server is designed with a modular architecture, so your organisation can afford to meet your business requirements today and in the future.
- Protects critical Active Directory data by strictly enforcing policies, eliminating unregulated access to resources, and regulating administrative privileges through a least-privilege model
- Automates account creation and deletion for secure and efficient user and group management in AD and AD-joined systems, as well as Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Office 365
- Provides all tools necessary to securely and efficiently manage AD and overcome its native shortcomings, reducing IT workload and errors
- Reduces Active Directory administrative costs by giving help- desk personnel and data owners an intuitive, universally accessible console for Active Directory
- Eliminates security loopholes with tools and processes that generate audit-ready reports
- Deploys in weeks, for rapid time-to-value
- Delivers a standardised change approval process for AD administration, so you know who made what change and when
- Offers an integrated solution with a modular architecture, so you can meet your business needs today and in the future
Download the Dell Software ActiveRoles Server™ Data Sheet ActiveRoles Server, you can solve your security issues and meet those never-ending compliance requirements by securing and protecting Active Directory simply and efficiently.