Gain insight into your virtualised infrastructure.
Virtualised System solutions for Operations will allow you to visualise, analyse and optimise performance an assess the health, risk and efficiency of your virtual infrastructure.
Foglight™ for Virtualisation reduces operational costs, speeds deployments and simplifies the complexity of your data center infrastructure.
Accelerate IT with an operations management suite that streamlines the implementation of virtualization and cloud computing initiatives.
End-to-everything visualisation with FogLight®.
A single-pane-of-glass view provides performance metrics from across the IT stack, including virtual, physical, storage, OS and application layers.
Heterogeneous hypervisor support
- Manage VMware ESX, ESXi, View, vCloud Director and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors from one common console, ensuring consistency across diverse platform environments.
Detailed architectural representations
- See high-level, graphical displays highlighting problem areas to help you quickly diagnose and fix problems in the virtual infrastructure.
Asset and configuration tracking
- Track the movement of VMs and their configuration changes from one physical server to another
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange monitoring
- Get visibility from the virtual machine (VM) down to the physical disk spindle to maximize storage infrastructure performance and availability.
Physical operating system (OS) monitoring
- Monitor memory, CPU, disk I/O and network I/O
- VMware vCloud monitoring*
- Get a vCloud-centric view of the Cloud infrastructure
Significantly increase consolidation ratios with improved visibility and analytics that help you effectively manage virtual machine sprawl and reduce OPEX.
- Avoid over- or under-provisioning and improve VM density without impacting performance with expert advice on optimal CPU, memory, and storage requirements.
- Discover powered-off VMs, zombie VMs, abandoned images, and unused templates and snapshots throughout your entire virtual infrastructure.
- Implement optimisation advice and return wasted resources back to your resource pool immediately to save thousands in license fees, disk space, administrator time, and server utilisation.
Flexible automation allows you to reduce costs, speed deployments, and simplify complexity. User-controlled automation puts you in control and improves your productivity and efficiency.
VM lifecycle management
Deploy new VMs into an environment, decommission VMs and remove VM files that are unnecessary with powerful automation capabilities.
Launch automated workflows when you get an alarm, for fast remediation of a performance problem.
- Perform common VM administration tasks, such as start, stop, and pause – in the context of the objects being viewed.
Capacity and resource utilisation management
Effectively manage the growth of your virtual infrastructure by taking the guesswork out of capacity management, planning, VM placement and workload allocation. Intelligent analysis and automation capabilities help you predict future hardware resource requirements, reserve capacity for planned VM deployments, and auto-deploy VMs into reserved slots. Dynamic capacity planning helps you determine how to accommodate future workloads and allows “what-if” scenario modeling to accurately forecast CAPEX requirements.
For more information
Go beyond performance monitoring with expert capacity and resource utilisation, and configuration management. Take control of your dynamic virtual workloads and:
- Achieve cost efficiency to improve VM density and administrator to VM ratios
- Reduce operational expenditures (OPEX) through optimization of inefficiencies and waste caused by VM sprawl and zombie VMs
- Optimise management of capital expenditures (CAPEX) with accurate capacity planning, scenario modeling, and resource utilisation management
- Save time on routine IT administrative tasks with user-controlled automation
- Reduce risk and manage compliance with detailed change management and cost analysis
- Deliver on current and future SLAs to reduce MTTR and align to business goals
- Support business growth with a highly scalable solution that allows monitoring of thousands of VMs
- Standardise on one solution that provides a single-pane-of-glass view across multiple hypervisors and locations