Security for Virtual Systems
Virtualisation of IT infrastructures should be coupled with the re-engineering of security and compliance measures.
Blue Turtle have sourced an innovative policy engine to streamline cloud and virtual infrastrucutre compliance.
Policy control and enforcement in the cloud.
Catbird enables a secure and compliant virtual and private cloud infrastructure. Catbird ensures IT can meet the full complement of auditor-required network security controls for virtualization security with a set of features that encompass the seven requirements common to all compliance standards.
For more information
Catbird captures a rich event stream from its broad offering of technical controls to confirm security posture, generate alerts and trigger workflow.
Inventory Management: Catbird automatically detects VMs and then enforces security policy through immediate quarantine of any VM out of compliance.
Catbird ensures VMs are appropriately managed and isolated, irrespective of changes in VM or virtual network configuration.
Configuration Management: Monitors network activity and enforces network configurations.
Change Management: Monitors for changes that may compromise security and compliance posture. Provides manual and policy-based enforcement actions.
Incident Response: Alerts for security policy violations and takes enforcement actions to mitigate and maintain compliance.
Vulnerability Management: Provides network-based checks on the VM and hypervisor configuration, including credentialed checks against file formats.
Catbird features are built upon multi-function technical controls. Protection built on multifunction, correlated controls means stronger security and compliance. For example, a firewall misconfiguration could be detected by IDS and the hypervisor, then mitigated with IPS. Features are completely automated as is the orchestration of these controls at the TrustZone and VM level.
Catbird provides clear visibility into virtual infrastructure and puts control into the hands of your organisation’s key stakeholders.
DATA CENTER & NETWORK
- Perfect inventory ensures control through automatic mapping of all virtual assets and data flows
- Automatic application of security controls based on logical zoning of all virtual assets through entire lifecycle
- Event and policy alerts integrated with SIEM and trouble ticketing systems
- Automatic and consistent application of security policy for all virtual assets
- Automatic enforcement through optional mitigation actions, including quarantine
- Simplified management of security in a complex virtual environment
- Reduces audit scope by providing evidence of control and automatically applying and enforcing relevant controls in the virtual environment
- Reduces compliance cost by simplifying the compliance process through automatic generation of near real-time audit-ready reports
- Reduces risk of compliance failure through audit enforcement actions