User Activity Review
Damaging data breaches at leading organisations have become an all-too-common media headline. As an IT security executive, you may be wondering, “What can I do to deter a breach right now?”.
Finding and eliminating access related risk is a good first step. The challenge is, audits don’t tell the whole story. Inside threats increase the risk of a breach, but the typical audit may not uncover the risks posed by orphan or abandoned accounts lurking in your network, open for exploitation. You may not have the context, tools or time to determine whether the privileged accounts with administrator level access rights in your network are open to abuse.
The Access Risk Assessment is a service offering that leverages Courion’s industry leading and award-winning Identity and Access Intelligence analytics solution, Access Insight, to diagnose access risk and provide a prescription for a cure: an actionable remediation plan to reduce access risk. The Access Risk Assessment simplifies the complex, providing immediate actionable insight.
Here’s how an Access Risk Assessment works:
- Access Insight is installed at your organisation for a two-week period
- Specific areas within your IT infrastructure are scanned and evaluated for risk
- Identities are categorised
- Access risk is evaluated based on categories of identities
- An actionable remediation plan to reduce risk is provided with short term and long term horizons
The Access Risk Assessment identifies:
- Orphan accounts that are not associated with a valid business owner and do not have proper oversight and governance
- Abandoned accounts that have been inactive for a time period that exceeds policy, typically a minimum of 75 days
- Privileged accounts with increased levels of permission that provide elevated access to critical networks, systems, applications or transactions
- Unnecessary entitlements in the form of excessive privileges, often in conflict with governance regulations